Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

オンライン いいえ
レベル 20
登録日 7年前
レス数 430
居住地 Canada

6年前
Hello! I'm planning on buying my first two Azone dolls soon (Reimu and Marisa) and I had some silly questions that I've been curious about.

Do you need to purchase a stand separately to make them stand? Most of the promo pics have them standing but I saw no mention of a stand being included so I'm unsure.

Are there any other doll companies or brands that have compatible sized clothing or furniture? And do you buy extra clothing from the official site or do you have someplace else?

Lastly, any care tips would be cool. I've never owned a fancy doll before ^^

Thanks.

kilani
Sayaka Rank
Administrator + Puella Magi

kilani

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 8年前
レス数 5434
居住地 United St...

6年前
A lot of their promo pics are edited so you can't see clear blocks to help stand, etc. It's not necessary though, I often have a girl standing on my desk if they wear the right shoes but you should get one if you want to have them displayed often like that.

They don't come with stands so it's a separate purchase.

They are about 1:6 (barbie size) so most doll furniture scaled that way will work. You can do a search on eBay to find furnitures easily or just search around toy stores if you want to look for some yourself. Azone makes furniture sometimes but it's not often and there aren't really any easily found furniture makers internationally either.

I've been working on a guide for a long time & FAQ that I hope to finish sometime but just been busy. Basically important things are to never touch the face directly. Removing the head is recommending when placing clothing that is complicated or have tied ribbons, etc. Always remove the head by touching the sides of her head. It's very easy and you won't harm your doll to do it.

For caring the hair, flea combs work quite well and are easily found in most department stores.

When opening clothes with snaps, make sure to hold both parts of the clothing and place your fingernail in between the snap. Never directly pull apart the cloths or the snap's sewing can come undone. You have to be very gentle with clothes.

When using clothes with velcro closings rather than snaps, make sure to never leave the velcro exposed as a fabric could get stuck on it and be ruined easily.

To take care of staining the body, you can look online for many methods, but personally have not had any problems and azone body is very easy to replace so it's not a worry for me. There are also replacement parts for the hands, which you can buy separately and are inexpensive. They come in packs [ext link ]. I would also recommend to pick these up [ext link ] as they are handy for tieing hair when you would like to make a ponytail or other hair styles but would like to keep a mostly hidden and small hair tie. They sell similar items in stores but sometimes they are thick, not easily found in my area.

Personally, I put mine away at night in a storage box I keep by my bed to keep them from attracting more dust when they aren't being displayed to me.

I hope that helps, if you have any questions you can comment to me anytime and I'll try my best to help you.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

オンライン いいえ
レベル 20
登録日 7年前
レス数 430
居住地 Canada

6年前
That helped a lot! Thanks so much for answering. You really should write a guide as it's really informative. Man, I'm so excited I can hardly wait :D

kumasanmk

Producer

kumasanmk

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 9年前
レス数 1743
居住地 France

6年前
Really helpful tips. Thanks!

Joichi
Regular Boarder

Joichi

オンライン いいえ
レベル 19
登録日 7年前
レス数 1832
居住地 Canada, T...

5年前
I don't know if this is the right place to ask... uh, I'm interested in purchasing a reasonable price Azone doll, what are good Ebay reliable sellers, who won't just run off with your $200+? Or if there are other good sellers at forums I can discuss and look at prices for?

I've learn from purchasing Pullip from sites like AmiAmi or HobbySearch is that they are usually selling the full retail price (11-12,000 yen) so if I can find around the 9,000yen be great (especially for anime characters), I don't want to risk and buy at full price then cry and regret when I found like a Thai-Azone store or Singapore that sells for less.
My sites: sweetandcharmingart.etsy.com | joichii.tumblr.com
更新 5年前 #906215

Zawa
Regular Boarder

Zawa

オンライン いいえ
レベル 15
登録日 7年前
レス数 30
居住地 Alberta, ...

5年前
JoichiI've learn from purchasing Pullip from sites like AmiAmi or HobbySearch is that they are usually selling the full retail price (11-12,000 yen) so if I can find around the 9,000yen be great (especially for anime characters), I don't want to risk and buy at full price then cry and regret when I found like a Thai-Azone store or Singapore that sells for less.
If you're looking for 9,000 yen dolls I'd recommend Mandarake. I've gotten most of my dolls for less than their retail price there. Not sure about Ebay, though.

kilani
Sayaka Rank

kilani

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 8年前
レス数 5434
居住地 United St...

5年前
Joichi means a store that sells pre-orders for cheaper prices. I'm wondering about that too. I know in general Azone likes to limit their availability due to their own stores.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

dunfordk
Regular Boarder

dunfordk

オンライン いいえ
レベル 13
登録日 6年前
レス数 100
居住地 Halifax, ...

5年前
So I'm considering buying my first doll and it's an exclusive -_- Sigh. It's this version of Sahra from the SAHRA'S a la mode series item #105997. I want to make sure I am getting something worthwhile for the amount of money I am spending.
So my question is this: how close are the actual final products compared to the prototype? I understand the hair will be a bit off and will need to be styled in order to look like the prototype. But what I'm wondering about is the face. Almost all of the PureNeemo character dolls tend to look off. To the point where I think the prototype is adorable and hate the final product. For instance prototype; (mfc link) and user; (mfc link). These just don't look the same to me. However, this doesn't seem to hold true for any of the Ex*Cute series as far as I can tell.
So what has everyone's experience been like with Azone's characters? Does anyone have any experience with the SAHRA'S series? Does anyone else feel the same way about the faces? Is there something else that makes them look different that I don't know about? Sorry for the long post but I'm really nervous spending this much money with never having seen one of these dolls in person.
And thanks to anyone who can help me with this experience.
更新 5年前 #920275

kilani
Sayaka Rank

kilani

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 8年前
レス数 5434
居住地 United St...

5年前
She will look exactly as in the pictures. With dolls with that kind of hair (straight, not special styling) it is as you see it. Anime dolls, like you said aren't a way to judge the regular ex cute/PN dolls. They're sort of hit and miss and I don't think represent Azone's quality very well. All of my azone dolls look exactly as their prototype.

Basically, each Azone original doll is a character Azone made and created as a base for making new dolls. Think of it as like "Doll face type A" being associated with the doll name. What changes are the outfits, hair and eye color. The blush changed permanently at one point. Azone does not generally use new facial expressions for their characters. On the rare occasion that they do, they are usually exclusives and limited edition dolls.

If you really love her, I would recommend getting her. Just make sure you think it over plenty well that you are okay spending that much on a doll (many people think it's insane because it's about the price of 2 figures). I love all of my dolls a lot and don't regret buying them at all. There is just a special something they have, especially Azones for me, that make you feel like there is no figure you could buy that could take up the spot of that special doll.

I hope that helps you.

dunfordk
Regular Boarder

dunfordk

オンライン いいえ
レベル 13
登録日 6年前
レス数 100
居住地 Halifax, ...

5年前
Wow Kilani thank you so much! I couldn't have hoped for a better response. Not to mention I'm super happy with the answer too. I went ahead and sent Yokatta the money for her and I hope they don't have any issues ordering since it's Golden Week.
I think Azone is probably my favorite company for dolls so far. I've never really seen any in person so I can't say 100% but for me they have more appeal than Dolfies and some other dolls I've seen. They are also a nice scale at roughly 1/6. Dolfies are intimidating to me because of their size.
Oh, one more thing. How long after pre-orders open do the dolls generally get released? I know the order period for Sahra starts May 5, but it doesn't give a release date (at least as far as I can tell from using Google translate).

Thanks again!

kilani
Sayaka Rank

kilani

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 8年前
レス数 5434
居住地 United St...

5年前
Aw thank you ^^ I'm glad I was able to help out! Good luck on getting her, in my experience proxies are usually ordering even on holidays because they are individuals and running a home business, but I'm sure it depends on the proxy and how large they are.

They definitely became my favorite company and I tried many over the yeras, I always wanted one growing up but never could afford them back then. Since I got my first though it was just love at first sight and I had to get her a bunch of sisters! I bought a dollfie last year and I love her too, but I think Azones are definitely the best because of their petite size. When you hold them it's just so cute, and their hair is so nice to touch. If you're worried about styling, I would say always avoid dolls with curls like item #20638. Dolls with crimped or wavy hair should be fine item #70086 although straight hair feels the best and is the easiest to manage. Another thing to keep in mind, is that dolls with twintails or other pre-made hairstyles will require some effort if you want to take the ponytail out, because the synthetic hair will sort of "hold" and create creases after having been in the same hairstyle for so long.

I hope their size doesn't disappoint you, unfortunately I see a lot of first time users upset because they think the 1/6 scale will be the same as like buying a 1/6 figure (12"+). They are 1/6, but they are molded after young girls and with unique proportions so they are smaller dolls at around 9" or so. Personally I love their size!

For pre-ordering, we get information about the pre-order date approximately one week before pre-orders open from Azone's website. Hobby search puts the dolls up early so that people can make note of the reservation date (the title of the doll will say something like "booking start" and then the date). I would just keep my eye open for official shots on here, when the official shots go up we should have the reservation information ^^ Dolls usually release the same month (end of the month) or the next month but lately the dates have been a bit sporadic so it's hard to tell you. The reason I tell you the first part, is because Azones are very hard to get in on the pre-orders. They typically sell out within an hour or two but if the doll is very popular than even minutes. It's important to know the reservation date if you're interested in a doll.

Sorry for writing so much :x

Sturmhornisse
Regular Boarder

Sturmhornisse

オンライン いいえ
レベル 29
登録日 5年前
レス数 43

5年前
@ dunfordk

I am interested in getting the Black version of the Sahra a la Mode you already ordered. I really want her so badly, would be great if she becomes my first doll! So which payment/shipping options does Yokatta offer? ( I have never ordered something from them before) How fast do I have to pay them for my order? And maybe how much have you payed for your doll? It is also okay if you do not want to tell.

I have already been looking for her at some online stores but I am afraid that I am probably to slow when she really is up for preoder... It seems like they sell out quickly.
更新 5年前 #924500

dunfordk
Regular Boarder

dunfordk

オンライン いいえ
レベル 13
登録日 6年前
レス数 100
居住地 Halifax, ...

5年前
@Kilani
Thanks again for the help. Don't ever worry about writing too much, more info is better than less. Plus it's always great to read about things from people who are truly passionate about them.
@sturmhornisse
Yokatta accepts paypal for payment. You either have to send the payment by gift or cover the paypal fees. They send items by registered SAL and EMS for sure. They will also undervalue the custom forms for you if you need them to. They will send you an email telling you if they can try And get her for you and how much she will be. You then send the payment through paypal with the order number in the email. You can send the money for probably a week after they respond but the longer you wait the less likely they will be able to get the item. They charged me 14 500 yen which was the cheapest proxy I contacted with the request. It's a bit more expensive than ordering from any of the "Big Three" but you do have a better chance of getting the item if you won't be able to preorder from any other sites.

Sturmhornisse
Regular Boarder

Sturmhornisse

オンライン いいえ
レベル 29
登録日 5年前
レス数 43

5年前
@dunfordk
Thank you very much for the answer ;)

nazuna
Regular Boarder

nazuna

オンライン いいえ
レベル 17
登録日 5年前
レス数 11
居住地 Indonesia

5年前
I'am new in this and still pre-order my first doll. Can I ask something?
How to wash azone doll clothes? It's same like wash normal clothes or not?
and how to wash her hair if it's dirty?

Thanks before ^^

bananapanda
Regular Boarder

bananapanda

オンライン いいえ
レベル 14
登録日 5年前
レス数 446
居住地 Californi...

5年前
I've got a quick question. I'm going to buy the Touwa Erio pureneemo doll and would like to have her hair styled like the promo pictures, how is that done? Is it just a matter of brushing it in a certain way? And if so, what do you use to brush their hair?

Joichi
Regular Boarder

Joichi

オンライン いいえ
レベル 19
登録日 7年前
レス数 1832
居住地 Canada, T...

5年前
ZawaJoichiI've learn from purchasing Pullip from sites like AmiAmi or HobbySearch is that they are usually selling the full retail price (11-12,000 yen) so if I can find around the 9,000yen be great (especially for anime characters), I don't want to risk and buy at full price then cry and regret when I found like a Thai-Azone store or Singapore that sells for less.
If you're looking for 9,000 yen dolls I'd recommend Mandarake. I've gotten most of my dolls for less than their retail price there. Not sure about Ebay, though.

Thank you!! I will try scouting Mandarake or if there's a Azone doll community where users want to sell their extra dolls, I would love to get long red-hair doll maybe Majjo Witch series? Just to dress her like my own Shana ^_^
Found her for 12,000yen: [ext link ] decisions...
My sites: sweetandcharmingart.etsy.com | joichii.tumblr.com
更新 5年前 #964694

kilani
Sayaka Rank

kilani

オンライン いいえ
レベル 36
登録日 8年前
レス数 5434
居住地 United St...

5年前
nazunaI'am new in this and still pre-order my first doll. Can I ask something?
How to wash azone doll clothes? It's same like wash normal clothes or not?
and how to wash her hair if it's dirty?

Thanks before ^^

You shouldn't need to wash the clothes, they won't stain or get dirty like a human's. Sometimes very light colors can get dirty, I have to wash one of my girl's white shirts every few months or so (this is mostly dust/etc). I always just put them in a bit of water and a small amount of soap, and thoroughly rinse (gently). If there's a stain, I use a color-friendly stain remover. You can not use any machine with these clothes, you must air dry them. They are so tiny though, you can easily air dry them on a towel hanger or rack.

For hair, most people recommend to wash with conditioner. Make sure you are careful not to get anything with chemicals on the face and be gentle. For rinsing, gently run the water over her head turned upside down. You can then leave her head to dry in a towel overnight. I personally haven't found the need to wash any of my girl's hair, just light wiping with cloths to remove dust. Azone hair is much higher quality than other dolls (such as Pullip or Barbie).

bananapandaI've got a quick question. I'm going to buy the Touwa Erio pureneemo doll and would like to have her hair styled like the promo pictures, how is that done? Is it just a matter of brushing it in a certain way? And if so, what do you use to brush their hair?

You will need to use a special spray/gel that's made specifically for synthetic hair. Azone makes a spray [ext link ] although I don't know how well it works for styling bangs in that way, though. For brushing, I recommend a dog or cat flea comb. They work very well as the teeth are so close together and thin.

nazuna
Regular Boarder

nazuna

オンライン いいえ
レベル 17
登録日 5年前
レス数 11
居住地 Indonesia

5年前
kilani
You shouldn't need to wash the clothes, they won't stain or get dirty like a human's. Sometimes very light colors can get dirty, I have to wash one of my girl's white shirts every few months or so (this is mostly dust/etc). I always just put them in a bit of water and a small amount of soap, and thoroughly rinse (gently). If there's a stain, I use a color-friendly stain remover. You can not use any machine with these clothes, you must air dry them. They are so tiny though, you can easily air dry them on a towel hanger or rack.

For hair, most people recommend to wash with conditioner. Make sure you are careful not to get anything with chemicals on the face and be gentle. For rinsing, gently run the water over her head turned upside down. You can then leave her head to dry in a towel overnight. I personally haven't found the need to wash any of my girl's hair, just light wiping with cloths to remove dust. Azone hair is much higher quality than other dolls (such as Pullip or Barbie).

Thanks for the advice ^^ I'll try that for my dolls

bananapanda
Regular Boarder

bananapanda

オンライン いいえ
レベル 14
登録日 5年前
レス数 446
居住地 Californi...

5年前
kilani
bananapandaI've got a quick question. I'm going to buy the Touwa Erio pureneemo doll and would like to have her hair styled like the promo pictures, how is that done? Is it just a matter of brushing it in a certain way? And if so, what do you use to brush their hair?

You will need to use a special spray/gel that's made specifically for synthetic hair. Azone makes a spray [ext link ] although I don't know how well it works for styling bangs in that way, though. For brushing, I recommend a dog or cat flea comb. They work very well as the teeth are so close together and thin.

Thank you for your help! I'll get that spray when I buy her :)

EDIT: I received some unexpected money so I ordered her. If I have any more questions when she gets her then I'll ask them here! :))
更新 5年前 #968776

« 前ページ   1 2 3 4   次ページ »

上 ↑

議論に参加するためにクラブに参加しましょう。