- Cantisama submitted a comment on [記事 #39325] Which figure is the most disappointing to you?ITEM #149372 had so much potential. The final product was full of disappointment. Tunic material was wrong color, poor material, and did not match promo pics. Hands could crack when inserting accessories. We waited a year for a RAH of one of the most icon video game characters, and Medicom failed hard. This was the only time I immediately sold a figure I had purchased.
- DonkeyBlonkey submitted a comment on [アイテム #549472] NieR: Automata - YoRHa No. 2 Type B (Flare, Square Enix)
- Poglo submitted a comment on [アイテム #287747] Amagi Brilliant Park - Sento Isuzu - Tiramie - 1/7 - Pirates ver. (Max Factory)
- murialita submitted a comment on [記事 #39325] Which figure is the most disappointing to you?Miia ITEM #396973 is up there. First, everyone was expecting her to be castoff, due to a misleading promo picture. Nope, unless you want to break your figure and cut her clothing off (breasts and nipples are actually fully sculpted and painted, so for some people it is worth it). Also just the general quality of the figure was not fitting it's $150 price tag. Paint is very rough, and the colors on the different sections that make up her tail don't match. Miia best monster, so I'm glad I own her, but she definitely turned me off to Di Molto Bene.
- tharglet submitted a comment on [記事 #39325] Which figure is the most disappointing to you?ITEM #255570. She's not a terrible figure, but for the price I paid, I was massively disappointed with her. She just didn't seem to stand out as much in the photos, and it just felt like the designer stopped caring halfway down, somehow.
Also when I was posing her, I broke one of her tails, as I thought it was poseable but it was most definitely not. I have no idea why they didn't put a wire in it! Trying to glue it back together was a pain, in the end it's been put in storage, because it's kinda lacklustre if I can't pose it :/.
If I paid half the price I did for her, then I think I would've been happy, but... I didn't.
- Sekhmet submitted a comment on [アイテム #604804] Hellsing - Alucard - Elite Exclusive Statue - 1/4 (Figurama Collectors)
Tbh I always go by comparison and by the piece as a whole, not the size of the character alone (unless like if they have a base that makes the whole piece larger like this). I have a couple larger figures that range between 1/6 - 1/4 and it looks to me like he is 1/4. Comparing these 1/6 scales that I have ITEM #178425 ITEM #278026 to a 1/4 I have (13inches) ITEM #61595 I feel Alucard does fall in the 1/4 range from his own height and then the piece as a whole. I think 1/6 is too small for him. But I mean the whole piece is 26 inches and overall the diameter is 20inches; he's a massive piece and I'm pretty satisfied with his size and the components for the price. I just have to worry about the face for now v_v
edit: and yeah it can vary by company. I'm not sweating it too much since we knew the dimensions beforehand - I don't really care what the "true" scale of his size is honestly, I was already impressed by the piece overall and the size before anyways.
- rococorose submitted a comment on [記事 #39325] Which figure is the most disappointing to you?GEM Yuuri ITEM #573069 makes me sad. I am actually so happy with my Victor (he turned out way better than the promo pictures and is one of my favourite figures) and the plan had always been to get Yuuri to go with him, but... that pose. That face. He is SO. UGLY. With the way he is leaning and twisting at that angle the poor boy looks like he is about to wipe out and break an arm.
- Kanda_Im_mortal submitted a comment on [アイテム #675903] Tokyo Ghoul - Kaneki Ken - ARTFX J - 1/8 - Awakened ver., Repaint ver. (Kotobukiya)Oh, I see, thanks!
Well, re-painted version in this days easily can be like "we just re-paint stand from blue to red, enjoy!" and no more, so actually I don't care about some colors changes (I like previous ver. as is and want to buy it from the start ^^), I just want to know when I must expecting PO day, coz you know - it will be bloody hell, more terrible than 1000 hungry ghouls =_= So yeah, I want to now if I need money for him right now (I want exclusive) or I can eat some food for a little time longer, LOL
Well, with your info - I think this proto is final (some color correction?) and they just open PO after TV-3 start (about in April-May).
- Kibashi submitted a comment on [アイテム #79482] Naruto Shippuuden - Uchiha Sasuke - Project BM! #64 - 1/6 (Medicom Toy)
- Poglo submitted a comment on [アイテム #144330] Super Danganronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen - Monomi - Nanami Chiaki - 1/8 (Phat Company)