レス数:6

• レス数:6
  • ElectromasterRegular Boarder
    Electromaster
    • いいえ
    • 6年前
    • Croatia
    1ヶ月前
    Today I recieved my Robot Spirits Strelizia figure, which I bought from AmiAmi, but the small crown piece on her forehead had discoloring on it- several red blots of excess color. I tried scraping it, but it wouldn't come off. Then I tried to clean it with nail polish remover, but it just diluted the color and slightly melted the plastic, now it looks even worse.
    Since it't s brand new figure, is it possible to get a replacement part? I already contacted AmiAmi but I have no idea what to expect. There's a support page link for Bandai Spirits on the box, but the website is in Japanese, and it states that they only do coverage for customers in Japan.
    So, what are my chances of getting a replacement piece, and what should I do?
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • いいえ
    • 3年前
    • France
    1ヶ月前
    I've never had to use AmiAmi or Bandai's support so I can't tell how good they usually are. However, it is likely that they'll ask for pictures of the flaw. Did you take pictures from before your repair attempt? Because if they realize that some of the damage happened when you tried to fix it then they are very likely to reject your claim saying they don't cover user damage.

That said, if they refuse to issue a replacement, it's probably still possible to fix it. Do you have any pictures of its current state?
    Electromaster
    • いいえ
    • 6年前
    • Croatia
    1ヶ月前
    Yeah unfortunately, I was a dumbass about it and didn't think nail polish remover will hurt he plastic, so I forgot to take a photo beforehand.
    That said, Bandai's support directly states that they don't send or receive anything outside of Japan, so I'll have to count on AmiAmi to try to figure it out.

The current damage isn't that large, I think. Most of the excess paint is gone, with just a little bit left in the small crevice on the piece, and as you can see in the photo below, there's some smudging around it.
    imgur.com/a/BE7...

A friend of mine who does Warhammer miniatures and stuff suggested I buy Isopropyl to remove the color and fine (320) sandpaper to smooth it out.
    kyoshinhei
    • いいえ
    • 3年前
    • France
    1ヶ月前
    I second your friend's advice. Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab to try and remove the paint in the crease.
    The white area is likely unpainted so It can be sanded without problem. I'd say 320 grit to remove the melt bulge and then 1000 grit with water to smooth it (prefer sandpaper from a hobby shop rather than a hardware store).
    You can also fold a bit of sandpaper and use the folded edge to scratch away the red paint in the groove if the alcohol doesn't succeed (with the added benefit of restoring the groove that will be partially erased by the surface sanding).
    Electromaster
    • いいえ
    • 6年前
    • Croatia
    1ヶ月前
    Thanks, I'll give it a try! Though, there aren't really any hobby shops like that around here, so I'll have to stick with a hardware store.
    kyoshinhei
    • いいえ
    • 3年前
    • France
    1ヶ月前
    Well if you're stuck with that, remember to tell the clerk that you're working on plastic. That way you can get sandpaper for softer materials.
  • レス数:6
  • 議論に参加するためにクラブに参加しましょう。