レス数:78

• レス数:78
  • HachikoRegular Boarder
    Hachiko
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • United States of America
    9年前
    What do you like in figures? What do you dislike? As a female, do you feel awkward buying the figures with larger busts and fewer clothes? Do you collect figures for the character, or for the design? Do you think the figure community needs more male figures for us girls?

Me, I like female figures with amazing hair. I do tend to stay away from the ones with large breasts and barely any clothes, but I will consider buying them if the rest of the design is outstanding. If you can't tell from that, I tend to buy figures more for the design rather than the characters. I do wish there were more male figures, though!
    http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/magical-hachiko/hachisig-1.png
  • minmay64Very Important Boarder
    minmay64
    • いいえ
    • 10年前
    9年前
    I collect mainly to have my favorite characters!
    I also collect my favorite couples and select figures rather "kawaii" different sets!
  • MarshmallowpieVery Important Boarder
    Marshmallowpie
    • いいえ
    • 10年前
    • nova scotia
    9年前 • 更新 9年前
    I like really colourful, happy figures. Dislike, pretty much anything exclusive, because as I've said before, it's like figure companies are taunting at you for not living in Japan. Also, extreme ecchi figures like this, figure/8039_kon... especially since they're usually so poorly done. But, as long as it isn't something like that, I'm okay with buying more ecchi figures. Well, the closest things to ecchi I have would be Nagi (figure/4911_nag...) or this Konomi (figure/4071_yuz...), and the largest chest belongs to Fauna (figure/60_fauna )(who, according to FrontWing, is 84E, but I don't believe that. :P), so there isn't anything really ecchi in my collection so far...

Male figures, I like them, but I think most of them are kind of boring. There are a few characters who make good figures, like Lelouch, but most feel sort of plain.
  • Singer_YunaAll along the Watchtower ♪Moderator
    Singer_Yuna
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • ♥ Abyss of farplane, Spain
    9年前
    I've checked my collection.
    I like so much blonde figures. So much. There is a high percentage of blonde figures (Edge Maverick is inside too xD) on my collection.
    I tend to pair all my figures...like sisters or like couples like these 1/10 figures PICTURE #9172
    I also like nendos...but they're expensive for Spanish.
    I love 1/12 Chairs...I love them so much.

And...
    I dislike a little the bikini figures, but I own a pair of them...because the result was fine and not like "Figure = bikini+boobs"
    I also dislike my chipped paint on my favourite figures.
    I dont like cleaning my figures...I never do xD
    And I want more male figures ^^
  • SaRuimage not foundModerator
    SaRu
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Yorozuya Ginchan
    9年前
    Chibis XD

Male chibis are my poison *¬*

*Dislike... mmmm
    Moe figures XDDDDD
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/f3n.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/d_03.gif
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/s.png 釘パンチ~!!
  • NanoZeroRegular Boarder
    NanoZero
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前
    I like really dynamic poses on figure and awesome paint job. I also love figmas and nendos, because they're not very expensive unless you buy a ton of them.

I dislike exclusives, ecchi figures, most bikini figures and provocative figures. I don't really like poses that a girl in real life would never do to be sexy, but those are the extremely ecchi figures.

There needs to be more male figures for us girls. Male figures FTW!
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/NanoZero/sign.png
  • RapunzelRegular Boarder
    Rapunzel
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前
    The thing that sells a figure for me is their hair, I love it when figures have long flowing hair <3 Especially when they're a lovely flowing gown to go with it~ But I normally get one or the other XDXD

And things I dislike about figures would have to be just overall bad sculpt, either that or when a figure you really like leans. D: Also seam lines irk the heck out of me if there are lots of them >>;;;; If I'm going to pay enough to feed me for two weeks on a chunk of PVC I expect it to be perfect XDXDXD

But about sexy figures I guess it all just depends on the situation and the pose. I try to avoid more sexual figures because I feel awkward looking at them XDXD But if it's amazing and I really like the character I'll snatch it up with little to no regrets.
  • RovenaRegular Boarder
    Rovena
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前
    Hmm... what do I like?
    Since I collect the figures of the characters I like they have to be as much exact copy of original as possible. I don't like "out of the theme" cloth and poses. Don't care much for ecchi figures of any kind, but wouldn't mind have some not extreme ones with really gorgeous sculpt . Nudity and very suggestive poses are taboo in my book in any case. The figure doesn't have to be (half)naked and in suggestive pose to be absolutely gorgeous.

Male figures - of course I like them! I like male characters in anime/manga more than females, no surprise there. I understand that the manufacturers aim at certain market, but still... in how many cases we have 999 figures of females who are not even central characters in the story and male main hero is completely ignored? Such injustice!
  • cioudrunnerfiuteFound Holy Grail & QuitVery Important Boarder
    cioudrunnerfiute
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Houston, TX, USA
    9年前 • 更新 9年前
    RovenaMale figures - of course I like them! I like male characters in anime/manga more than females, no surprise there. I understand that the manufacturers aim at certain market, but still... in how many cases we have 999 figures of females who are not even central characters in the story and male main hero is completely ignored? Such injustice!
    Most of the time the male hero can be super plain looking. Like the main hero from Fate/Stay Night and basically 79% percent of all girly shoujo titles. In fact, the only guys I like as figures are the skinny ones like Akira.. (very girly like in appearance). I would like a manly looking guy that isn't super buff like the POP series tends to look.

As for my likes/dislikes;

Like - Detailed eyes, cute poses,and the rest of it is usually based on the character herself (i.e. personallity).

Dislike - Cast-off's that have bulgy clothes or look anerexic underneath their clothes, anything bootleg or remotely close, and figures that portray a character the wrong way.
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/Rem_Seibrem/aliciabeach-1.jpg
  • RovenaRegular Boarder
    Rovena
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前 • 更新 9年前
    cioudrunnerfiuteMost of the time the male hero can be super plain looking. Like the main hero from Fate/Stay Night and basically 79% percent of all girly shoujo titles. In fact, the only guys I like as figures are the skinny ones like Akira.. (very girly like in appearance). I would like a manly looking guy that isn't super buff like the POP series tends to look.
    That it true, however, it is not always so. How many Simon and Kamina figures we have in compare to Yoko, for example?
    Speaking of Shiro, he might be not that dreamy-looking, but he is still a very nice guy. I personally wouldn't mind to have that figma of him that is coming out this winter. Personality matters, too.
    cioudrunnerfiute
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Houston, TX, USA
    9年前
    RovenaThat it true, however, it is not always so. How many Simon and Kamina figures we have in compare to Yoko, for example?
    Speaking of Shiro, he might be not that dreamy-looking, but he is still a very nice guy. I personally wouldn't mind to have that figma of him that is coming out this winter. Personality matters, too.

Figma's are different though. I feel that they focus on the character allowing you to bring them to life in their poses. Even the most simple looking characters like Shiro can come to life through Figma's. Kamina is the semi-buff cool guy figure that I'd love to see in a 1/8th scale size by a good company instead of these gashapons that lack detail and quality.
  • RovenaRegular Boarder
    Rovena
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前 • 更新 9年前
    Gashapons are not much in terms of quality, that's for sure. I used to collect them for a bit, but stopped exactly because of that reason.
    I am not that found of figmas, to say the truth, their many obvious joint points bother me from some reason, but this Shiro figma looks really nice.
  • xxangelchanxxVery Important Boarder
    xxangelchanxx
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • New york city
    9年前
    RovenaGashapons are not much in terms of quality, that's for sure. I used to collect them for a bit, but stopped exactly because of that reason.
    I am not that found of figmas, to say the truth, their many obvious joint points bother me from some reason, but this Shiro figma looks really nice.

Atleast they actually look like the characters they are trying to be,like Figma Saber Vs. Revoltech Saber.

Desu.
    http://i.imgur.com/H6dgR.gif
  • RovenaRegular Boarder
    Rovena
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    9年前
    Yes, I really dislike figures which don't look anything like the original. Toynami and Megahouse Orihime, for example... they are just not looking right. Banpresto is the only one that did a rather good job with her, IMO.
  • JunoRegular Boarder
    Juno
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Mexico
    9年前
    you know what I dislike.....I know that there are so much cute girls of anime and video games, but come on, they're a lot!!!!
    what about us, the companies dosent think in us, we'll love to have our cute and sexys males with us too X3!!!
    I'll love if they release more collections for "Girls" ^u^
  • L-sanRegular Boarder
    L-san
    • いいえ
    • 10年前
    9年前
    I really like vibrant colors (the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3 pvc line put out by Kotobukiya is a good example of this!) and dynamic poses. Also, I absolutely love figures with big cheery smiles. ^_^

All my figures are strictly "G"-rated. lol Sexualized female figures do not interest me, though. I even feel a bit degraded when I see some of them...ick. Would much rather have boy figures.

And yes, the figure community needs a TON of more male figures. I'm sick of seeing different versions of the same generic female character produced by 10 different manufacturers. I mean, it's obvious the demand for boy pvcs is there, but we're being ignored for some reason. -_-
  • PineappleSkewerRegular Boarder
    PineappleSkewer
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • USA
    9年前
    I love characters with armor! If they have shiny silver I will want them~ I also really like characters with more neutral colors or just a very soothing combination of colors.

There are a few...ahm, sexy figures I would like. I feel really awkward though! I don't want to have to explain myself to my Mom if she comes over and sees some half naked girls in my room, haha.

Of course I'd love to see more male figures! I'm very picky about them though, and I haven't found too many I actually like. A lot of males (I think) suffer from a fugly face. An ugly face is my pet-peeve when it comes to figures.
  • NandeyanenRegular Boarder
    Nandeyanen
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Cardboard box
    9年前
    For me I mainly buy figures of characters I love~ :3 Design is also a very important factor- I love figures with dynamic poses + epic outfits! Which is why I don't usually go for scantily clad figures; I mean, how creative is a figure of a chick in a bikini?
    Ara ara ufufu~
    cioudrunnerfiute
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    • Houston, TX, USA
    9年前
    PineappleSkewer A lot of males (I think) suffer from a fugly face. An ugly face is my pet-peeve when it comes to figures.

Ditto! Beautiful well done eyes are so awesome! I hate the shiny ones that have bad lines and/or are crooked or something.
  • thedoorknobRegular Boarder
    thedoorknob
    • いいえ
    • 9年前
    8年前
    Like: I'm another blonde hair addict. Bridget is like the perfect figure in my book... blond, gorgeous face, dynamic pose, nice outfit, and A GUY!!

In girl figures, I tend to go toward outfits-- often with little details-- that I like best (it comes from being a cosplayer, I guess). Faces are also super important. If it doesn't have a cute face = do not want. However, I don't mind if the girls are scantily clad or even somewhat suggestive. I own a Nanako figure/4570_nan..., and a nekomimi Nono figure/209_neko... that I love a lot (and I have a Djiril figure/2942_dji... on order). I also have Alter's swimsuit KOS-MOS figure/3227_kos... who is absolutely amazing. I have no qualms over people seeing my collection-- I've been questioned enough times on my sexuality that I no longer care what people think of it ^^; What matters to me is that I can think of moe/ecchi figures as "cute" and not as "what I could do to these girls in bed."

Other things that sell figures for me: chains, interesting bases, and fantasy-style (elves)

Dislike: Disproportionately big boobs, big thighs, big hips, etc. Example: figure/8969_kai... I like really skinny and really scrawny girls (BRS!!!!), although if the boobs look natural and the figure design blows me away (i.e. KOS-MOS) it's okay. Unfortunately a good number of flat-chested girls tends to be the younger crowd (Nanako) which sometimes makes me feel like a pedophile DX

Otherwise it comes down to a figure-to-figure basis. Since I'm poor I tend to limit myself to the figures that really blow me away the first time I come across them.

I'm currently not to impressed with most male figures (exception Bridget). I do think they're rather plain and most of them have pretty ugly faces. Hopefully someday the figure companies will learn that there's a market for bishonen...
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2729/4083736749_852a4eee7e_m.jpg
  • レス数:78
  • 議論に参加するためにクラブに参加しましょう。